The Washington D.C Metro Chapter was founded in 1990.
- Foster cultural integration in our host country.
- Promote economic, academic and social empowerment among the Bakossi in the Diaspora and Cameroon.
- Promote a networking forum for BACDA-USA members.
- Encourage fraternity amongst the Bakossi through cultural and social interactions as well as with other Cameroonian ethnic groups.
- Impart the spirit of self-pride within the Bakossi community
President: Mr. Derrick Njoh
Vice President: Mrs. Senge Metuge
Secretary General: Mr. Eugene Ekinde
Vice Secretary General: Mr. Etahkwelle Ngulle
Treasurer: Mrs. Pricillia Akame
Financial Secretary: Mr. Derrick Mebune
Vice Financial Secretary: Mr. Francis Nzang
Cultural Affairs Chair: Mr. Ernest Ajang
Micro Projects Chair: Mr. Francis Elung
Legal Affairs Chair: Mr. Geoffery Akame
Social Secretary: Mrs. Fanny Nkede
Protocol: Mr. Hans Njumbe
For questions about the chapter please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our meetings are held once a month on the last Saturday of the month at 6pm.
The chapter has the following activities during the year; Ndieh (the Bakossi Thanksgiving), Christmas party and annual fundraiser.
Every year the chapter under the guidance of its Micro project committee awards funds for the development of clans in the Bakossi area. In the Fiscal year 2016-2017 the following clans were awarded $1,000 each: The Mwanbong clan, The Tente-Asome clan, The Nninong clan and the Mwansudem clan.